Monday, 10 September 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - Daniel M. Fife

It is a pleasure for me to introduce new author Daniel M Fife, whose new book 'Light and Dark: The Awakening of the Mageknight' is out now! 


This is a young adult fantasy fiction which I think could become really popular soon, so if you like the sound of it then get buying on Amazon or other online book stores. It is about a thirteen year old boy called Danny Firoth who struggles with teenage life - whether the problems are down to his mother or bullies in eighth-grade. Then, a girl comes on to the scene, and his life changes forever.

Basically, it is all about knights and squires, my guilty pleasure in the book world! Here is the interview I had with him:


1. Would you say your book is aimed at boys or girls (or both)?  

Light & Dark: The Awakening of the Mageknight is aimed at both boys as well as girls.  The novel supports a male lead character and a strong willed supporting character that is female.  It has both sword wielding action for the boys and a touch of romance for the girls.

2. Why did you choose to write YA?  

Initially I did not.  I eventually chose YA because I feel like it has one of the most dedicated fan base.

3. Have you written in any other genre?  

I have and I will.  I originally wrote a High Fantasy novel entitled The God of Nothing. However, it is currently gathering dust in rough draft form.

4. What interested you in the idea of writing about magic and sorcery? 

suppose the question would be, what wouldn't entice me about writing about magic and sorcery.  For one, writing in a world in which nearly anything is possible is both extremely easy and rewarding. I believe we all need a break from life now and again, and who wants to write about that which happens in everyday life.  Not me.

5. How long have you had a passion for writing? 

 For really as long as I could remember, from an early age of writing short stories to dedicating my time to writing longer and longer tales to entertain  my friends.

6. Have you always wanted to be an author?  

I do not think my boyhood intent was to become and author.  Honestly, when I look back and read over what I have written, I find it almost astounding by what I have accomplished.

7. What gave you the inspiration for this book?  

My friends and family have always served as my inspiration as well as my support. Without their near unlimited range of personalities, I could have never inserted the true the depth I was striving for in my characters.

8. What advice would you give aspiring authors reading this?  

Simply to never give up.  Take advice, utilize critiques, and adhere to sound criticism, but never give up on your own work or yourself.

9. What genre of books do you like to read? 

I have always been partial to High Fantasy and some Sci-Fi.

10. Have you read a book recently? If so, what?  

The last book I read was Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.  And I must say that the world he has created is quite breathtaking.

Thank you to Daniel for taking part! You can find him on Twitter if you type in @DanielMFife and  I'm sure he would love to hear from you if (or when) you decide to check his book out! 

I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I did,
The Book Critic x


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the wonderful interview and support;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.