Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Get Motivated

Most of us have to go back to school tomorrow.

Including me.

And if you are anything like me, then you will be feeling exactly like this about it:


Whipped cream and all.

I'm not even going to pretend I'm happy about it. After six weeks of constant blogging, watching The Big Bang Theory, reading whenever I want and eating whenever I want, I will probably feel a little bit depressed. 

But no worries. It's my final compulsory year at my school and if I decide to go to sixth form somewhere else then I will never have to see my tormentors ever again.

My school would be good, if it wasn't for all of the people in it who are extra terrestrial beings to me and will try to put me down when I haven't done anything to them. 

And some people are just so stupid, that sometimes I have to try incredibly hard not to pull this face in front of them:




But I guess I can just blog about them afterwards now, so this makes me feel a lot better.

So what's with the title? 

I had to finish some geography coursework today that I have been really stuck on, and I didn't feel up to it. So I went and tweeted about it on my personal Twitter, and my cousin replied to me and told me to 'Get Motivated!'. 

And I couldn't really argue with her, because she works in British Parliament. To be honest, if she can do it in the middle of a double-dip recession, I can definitely do it in order to get a bit of school work done.

My main concern is that I can't 'read on the go' in school. For one thing, I would probably get a few dirty looks from it. For another thing, I don't think A Game of Thrones is going to fit in my school bag.

But I have devised a cunning plan so I can help myself 'get motivated' for school, and I think you should try it too.

Whenever you feel like you can't be bothered doing something, make a note that you will give yourself a reward once you have done it. That way, you will always have something to look forward to. This is what I did today to help me:




See? I bribed myself with the knowing that I am getting seasons 1 and 2 of Blossom on dvd soon. You do need a bit of will-power to do this, but it seemed to work for me and I wasn't even trying that hard. 

I know that it seems quite bad now, but just give yourself something to look forward to everyday after school and this should help to boost your happiness for the day. 

Tomorrow after school, I have promised myself that I will watch the extras from The Hunger Games dvd. 

Any ideas about what you are going to get motivated for? What are you going to 'bribe' yourself with? Leave comments, because I want to know!

Oh yes, and have a happy first day back! MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR.


This was too cute not to share.
The Book Critic x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.