Sunday, 2 September 2012

100th Post!

Another Fangirly post today!

First things first, THE HUNGER GAMES DVD will be available to all of us UK folk tomorrow! I don't know about you, but I'm going extra early to buy it along with the exclusive Mockingjay pendant! I bought a 'district 12 tribute' band today, and the man in the shop asked me if I was excited for tomorrow. I of course knew what he meant, and replied Y E S.


And then, just when I thought my day couldn't get any better, my brother (yep - MY BROTHER) wanted to take a look in Forbidden Planet with me. 



For any of you who don't know what that shop is, shame on you. But for the totally nerdy people out there who are like me and DO know what this piece of heaven on earth is, you will know that it is a pretty big deal that us nerds have a shop like that near us. 

We were in there for a while, and then I saw it.

GAME OF THRONES.


And then I just had to buy the first book, because you know... it's A Game of Thrones. I can't wait to read it, and being a pretty fast reader I will definitely be putting up a review soon. 

To add to this, the fifth season of The Big Bang Theory comes out on dvd tomorrow too. 


In other news, DID YOU SEE DOCTOR WHO YESTERDAY? 

Epic. And I kinda thought that maybe we are all just imagining things too, and really we are all Daleks. *Flirts with Rory* Wouldn't that be weird though? Ooh, I think I may have just got a little idea for a new book. You know; without the Daleks.



Oh, and did you hear? IT IS MY 100TH POST ON THE BLOG. 

I'm not going to go crazy with celebrating it, but I want to give a few shoutouts:
  1. To @Team_Haymitch my Twitter Bestie and all-round lovely girl. She has been so supportive considering we don't even know each other and the conversations we have are fabulous. Please, everyone - getting following this girl and tell her you love her.
  2. To @heidigwrites an author and someone I consider to be a good friend of mine! Heidi Garrett is the very first author I interviewed for the blog and we have kept in touch ever since. Her new book NANDANA'S MARK is out now and you should give it a read!
  3. To all of the readers that I perhaps don't know exist; I hope you love reading my blog as much as I love writing it. I love you all SO MUCH and we are going to keep Fangirling together for a very long time!
  4. To Mayim Bialik, thanks for the laughs when I am feeling sad. I don't like feeling sad, as does anyone, so thank you for being such a good role model and being Blossom/Amy. 
(She won't see that, but I don't care haha. The shoutout was intended to be private.)

Ok, shoutouts done. Here are a few happy songs to celebrate with!







NOTE: I was going to include 'always look on the bright side of life' but I could only find the Monty Python version. Although it would have suited us Brits very well, some people may have been offended by the video.


And that concludes my Sunday! Have a good evening/Pre-evening/morning wherever you are.
The Book Critic x

P.S. Just to be clear...


Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Congrats by the way.
    How do you put gifs in? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.