Sunday, 9 September 2012

My First Blog Award!

See this little thing right here? It is my first blog award! I want to say a HUGE thank you to Sarah over at Inklined!

I was given five questions to answer, so here they are:

1. What was your favourite part of blogging?

I hope you mean 'is' because I plan to carry on for a long time! I just love the fact that you can share what YOU like with an audience, and not what everyone else expects you to like. You can also be anonymous when you blog, so no annoying people from school can find you and try to put you down!

2. What are some of your favourite blogs?

I am going to give my favourite blogs the awards (apart from the one blog that gave me the award, because I love that one too). I don't think I follow as many as some people do, but even the ones I do follow I'm actually really interested in only a few. So, the ones that really grab my attention are my chosen few and my favourite.

3. Are there any blogs you follow that have really huge followings?

I had to check on this one, because as long as the blog is good I never judge people on their follower numbers. The one that has the most is 'I am a reader not a writer' and you can find their blog here. I only started to follow it today and it has like over 8000 followers plus another 300 on a different follower counter. But there is no-one else really close to that number.

4. What's your favourite subject to read in? Write in?

I'm guessing that by 'subject' you mean genre, and in that case I would have to say that the books which really grab my attention are paranormal-type fiction (obviously fiction haha) and books about spies. I'm a sucker for spies.

I don't really write in any particular genre, but I could never really write non-fiction unless I was part of those cgp revision books with the little science jokes at the end of the page. Apart from that, I am not dismissing any genre to write in as of yet.

5. If you could interview one author on your blog, who would you pick?

Gah, don't make me choose! If I had to think on the spot, I would choose Jacqueline Wilson even though she technically doesn't do young adult (her books are close to it). I got my real love of books from her and I always aspired to write like her when I was younger. I actually still have her books on my shelf because I can't bear to part with them.

Q+A done! This award means a lot to me, and I can't wait to award my five people. The winners I have chosen are:

  1. UrbanNerd at One Crazy Little Thing Called LIFE
  2. Emily at Blog of a (Maybe) Teen Author
  3. Riya at The Teen Book Guru
  4. I am a reader not a writer at I am a reader not a writer
  5. Angela at Reading Angel

Congratulations! Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award in a post and tag them (check you have done that)
2. Ask the next people five questions and answer the five someone gives you
3. Award 5 people
4. Always post the rules


Here are the five questions for my winners:

  1. What was the last book you read? Was it good?
  2. What was the last blog you read? What do you think of it?
  3. What are your favourite tv shows?
  4. What is your favourite genre of book to read?
  5. Did you like reading in primary/elementary school?

There's the questions! Make sure you tell me what you write your post because I want to see your answers.

Hope you enjoyed this post, and thanks again for the award Sarah!
The Book Critic x

P.S. I am guest posting on Sarah's blog tomorrow! Make sure you check it out :)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I don't really post them, but I appreciate you thinking of me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool job on getting the award! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.