Thursday, 4 October 2012

Blossom RECIEVED

When I got home from school today, I found that I had received something in the post.

Blossom.

This is what I was like:




I have genuinely never been so happy to get post. 








I never actually realised that I was going to get THREE dvds, so that was indeed a lovely surprise. I have watched a few episodes and can't stop smiling - to see television essentially at it's best is an amazing thing to see.

There was a running commentary from Mayim and the cast on one episode, and they were talking about the changes to television since their filming days. Mayim Bialik and Joey Lawrence (situated in the far right of the last picture) were saying that scripts aren't normally written like that anymore: there weren't many changes while filming and there was never time to stop for the live audience. I guess this is what makes it so real, and why it was such a success in it's day. 

I truly am in love with this show. Not just because of Mayim (although that's how I found out about it) but because the writing is so good, and they didn't change it to appeal to a certain type of people. Blossom's problems are very down-to-earth and the script mirrors that feeling of 'it's scary growing up - but don't worry about it' as well as the storyline being comedic yet sad. I find it very in touch with real life.

This post was supposed to link Blossom to the subject of English language. I haven't quite thought of how I will do it yet, but I will.

Off to watch some more Blossom!
The Book Critic x


(Another accurate representation of my reaction to finding the post on my doorstep)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.