Sunday, 7 October 2012

My contributions to YA STANDS, and why I think I'm being weird

I posted again, like every other Sunday, on an amazing blog called YA STANDS.

The link for it is http://yastands.blogspot.com 

But I had a think about what I was contributing today, and thought it was a bit weird. For those of you who don't know what I do there, I suggest ways that they can improve a YA novel to appeal to the readers more. From Twitter, Tumblr and just general looking around, I get a feel of what both myself and other young adults want in a good book. 

Here's the weird part.

Most of the readers and my fellow writers there are authors.

Like real published authors. With books and everything.

So who am I to tell them what they should and should not write? After all, I am the only one without a completed manuscript! 

The crazy part is, they absolutely love the advice. It looks so bad... almost like I'm having a bit of a moan at them... yet they all seem to like my views.

So then I thought in that case...




It is a genuinely amazing blog, so please take a look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.