Tuesday, 23 October 2012

My trip to The Beatrix Potter Museum - Part 1

First of all, I'm really sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday. I was staying at a campsite with my family and what they failed to tell me was that we were staying in the heart of the Lake District.

When my mum told me we were going away, the first thing I said was:
"Is there wifi?"
And she replied:
"Of course."

And when I got there I realised that we were in the land of hills and rubbish internet signal. So, now that you have had to wait, I am going to give you two posts today. I should be revising for maths, but I did that when I was without Tumblr.

While we were in The Lakes, my parents decided to make it a kind of 'Literature Themed' weekend away. I guess after me explaining to them that I am writing a novel they wanted to learn more about the writing world.

Probably SO not what they were thinking, but they're stuck with a stubborn daughter who wants to do writing for a living.

It was weird, because the subject of jobs kept creeping up in the conversations. My parents support me fully with this choice, but I can't help noticing that they insist I stick to being something 'normal' like a doctor or a policewoman. Little do they know that I am thinking of getting a doctorate, but not actually doing any doctoring whatsoever. 

To kick start the themed weekend, we went to The Beatrix Potter Museum. Apparently I went there when I was much younger, but I had been wanting to go again and get the full experience. 

It's pretty much a whole little tour of Potter's stories. You are first directed into this room where it shows you a short video of Beatrix's life - there wasn't much that I didn't already know as I have watched the film 'Miss Potter' countless times and have been obsessed with the books (and her life)   for as long as I can remember. As you walk along the actual museum-y part, there are many nooks and crannies with the famous mice inside of them, and a lot of the museum is dedicated to one story in particular... The Tale of Peter Rabbit.

I took some pictures while I was there - This was only part of the inside Museum, and I will tell you about the rest in my next post.:








2 comments:

  1. What fun! Delightful. I didn't even know there was a museum.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.