Wednesday, 10 October 2012

NaNoWriMo - What is it?

NaNoWriMo is the shortest pronounceable way of writing National Novel Writing Month. It takes place throughout the whole of November and lots of people take part in it each year.

The aim of it is this: you have 30 days to write 50,000 words or more. During this month, you can contact other NaNo's (people taking part) and read different forums about getting your novel written. For example, for the genre of your manuscript, there is a special categorized group where you can discuss things. 

You don't have to write a best-seller within this month - it is more about getting your words out on paper. After November, you can really begin to finalize your work. 

You don't have to use the month for a serious novel! It is also great for writing that Fanfiction you have been stuck on, or a project for school. You don't have to spend the whole month on it either; the 'winning' counter starts on the 25th so if you have written 50,000 words by that time you can stop and receive your certificate.

I'm doing it for my novel, because I really want to get it done. I have all of the ideas, but I can never have the time to get them all written down! It is my first year doing it, so I have no idea what it is like. If someone has done it, can you give me any tips? It would be appreciated!

Are you doing it? Or after reading this, are you thinking about applying for it? I want to know!

The Book Critic x

1 comment:

  1. So, I rethought all this, and I think I am not going to do NaNoWriMo this year, after all. SIGH. I never do, cause the timing never works out quite right for me:(

    I will look forward to hearing about your progress though! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.