Saturday, 27 October 2012

Tips for NaNoWriMo - Finding the time

"I DON'T HAVE ANY TIME FOR NANO, I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL AND SLEEP AND FEED MY FISH AND CHECK TUMBLR EVERY TWO MINUTES AND CRY OVER RE-RUNS OF DOCTOR WHO OMG WHAT SHOULD I DO???"

If you are anything like me, you will be facing the same problems. There is so much school work to be done, as well as having your relaxation time.


So, how are you going to fit NaNo in around all of the other important things?


Here are my tips:

1. Spend less time on social networking sites.

I know what you are all like! You never actually use these sites for their main function anyway... to be social. And I'm not criticising, because I do exactly the same thing. You don't need to cut out every single one, but even not logging on to Facebook will save you valuable time. You can then use this time for writing. Anyway, won't it be nice to get away from all of the 'Lyk 4 likeee' and the people you know for a month?















(Above: the people you know in real life when posting status'. Ignore Dan's face though.)

2. Don't stop for coffee/tea breaks.

This is an important one. From the time you save making caffeine drinks, you won't need them to keep you up later. Think of it this way: less breaks = more sleep. It's a win win situation.


 


3. Switch your phone off while you are writing.

We have our phones with us practically 24/7 nowadays. So, for an hour a day, why not give it a break? I was going to suggest that you switch your whole internet off, but I sometimes use it for inspiration and facts for my writing. 

This is like a halfway step. You are not going completely without technology, but you don't exactly need to text people or BBM them for advice on writing a novel.

I know. Your phone will miss you too.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I officially really like this post. You should do more like it. Yep. That’s all. ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.