Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Tips for NaNoWriMo - Getting the privacy you need

This is a post aimed more at young adults, because sometimes we can never get the privacy we need to complete a task.

Seriously. I love my parents so much, but because I spend a lot of time on my laptop they check up on me every half an hour. I know they only do it because they care, but what do they think is going to happen? Am I suddenly just not going to be there one time they look in?

And sometimes I am in the middle of writing a really important post or sending an email to an author, and they walk straight in. 

THIS IS WHY I KEEP SO MANY SPARE TABS OPEN.


For NaNo, it is extra important that you get the maximum amount of writing time you can, in peace. If it is going to be disturbing to have people walk in on you, tell them NO. 

Just explain that you are writing your novel and you need a little bit of time alone with your characters. Really, I'm sure your characters find it just as disturbing as you do. 

It's not bad to tell your parents that. Have you ever  walked in on your parents working and they got annoyed? This is the same thing.


So basically, don't feel bad about it. You are a writer and you need time away from people to work to the best of your ability. 

There will be one more NaNo post coming up. Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.