Friday, 30 November 2012

Coming to the end of NaNoWriMo 2012

With only a few hours to go, I have to say that National Novel Writing Month has been a lot harder than I first thought it was going to be.



But, I have loved trying to write as much as I can and I guess that I didn't help myself as much as I should have done during the month. For example, I went in with the idea that I could write 50,000 of purely relevant material for my book. Instead, I came out of this years' NaNo with 24,752 words of relevant material and no regrets.



You are supposed to write even when you have no ideas, and I think that is where I went wrong. When I got an idea, I wrote like the wind. When I didn't have an idea, I wouldn't have one for a few days. This meant that I had to start saving words until the next day so I didn't have to leave out recording a word count for the next day.



As a result, my daily word count started to SHRINK.

I don't regret doing NaNo though - it has helped me so much in writing my novel and letting me progress as a writer.

Bring on 2013 - where I can hopefully go from participant to winner!

The Book Critic x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.