Saturday, 3 November 2012

Figuring out what you want to do in life

So you're revising for an important exam and you are thinking... I wonder when I am going to need all of this stuff?

Then you get thinking about the jobs that you can do with it, and you think... but I don't want to do any of those things!

Ooh. It seems you have reached a point of which there is difficulty getting out.

I still don't know what I want to do when I 'grow up' as the phrase is so unscientifically put. 

I know what you are thinking now... are you crazy? You're writing a book and you're telling me you don't want to be an author?

Good question. I would very much like to be an author - but it is much harder than you think to go down this root without having a back-up plan. A lot of people try all of their lives to get published, and never do. Some write a manuscript and get it in paperback first time around. People lead different lives than they primarily think, and you can never plan too far ahead.

For instance, I have never loved maths. Never been good at it, either. But, I have this urge to, well, CONQUER IT. 

That sounds so strange. But it is what I want to do. Hopefully if I do well in GCSE then I will do it for A-Level, because even though it can be really difficult I like the challenge. Plus, when I finally understand it, I feel like I have achieved something.

See? I didn't think at age ten I would like maths, but now I do. Things change over a short amount of time and that can make the World of difference to your life.

I thought I would write about this because my school is really pushing this whole careers thing now. And it's ok if you have no idea what to be. You're only just finding yourself, and that is hard enough without the extra pressure.

*Le commencing a mini-series on this stuff from now*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.