Sunday, 25 November 2012

Never judge a book by it's movie - NaNoWriMo Tip


If there is ony thing I want people to remember when doing NaNo, it is to never base their book on what they would expect it to be like in movie form.

Let me explain.

Ok, so this may seem weird, and you might even have never heard of this happening. But sometimes when people write novels, they write it in the way that they would expect the movie to be like. And yes, they haven't even had the go-ahead to be published yet!

Imagining the actors that play you MC's, picturing each camera swing in a fight scene... This can dramatically slow down your progress on your novel, because if you haven't already realised, scripts are nowhere near as long as manuscripts.

I am guilty of thinking about this sometimes, but I never let it get in the way of my writing. People should know by now that you should never judge a book by it's movie, because they are different and that is what sets the book apart from Hollywood. 

I know... its so good to imagine your books as treasured films! But slow down. NaNo is only just coming to a close and if you are anything like me then you would kill for an extra few words.

The Book Critic x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.