Sunday, 25 November 2012

Not everything changes, but sometimes they just slow down

I love blogging more than anything in the World.

I love talking to people and having e-mail conversations with authors. I love writing and allowing people in to my life. I love it when people tell me that they like my writing, and I love reading other people's writing.

But as much as I love my double life, my primary life keeps getting in the way and I have to go back to reality. The one where my friends think I'm just another teenager and my mum thinks I spend all of this time on the computer because I have a Twitter addiction. 

Until now I thought I could keep this up every day. Interact with everyone and have something new to write about each night. It's not that I can't do it, but it's the small matter of needing to live my normal life to my full potential. 

I will keep up with the posting until the end of this month, even though I haven't been much good at it lately. Then, I will sort out a proper schedule, start posting every few days and finally sort out my e-mails which I have been neglecting for a while now. 

Who knows, I might even give the blog a new lick of paint and get myself a fancy button.

Apparently it's normal for people to slow down. I don't have much experience with it myself because I am forever on the move. I feel a bit like Charlie Mcdonnell right now, because I am going through the same thing as him at exactly the same time.

I'm scared.

I want to do my best for you and for myself, and sometimes in the rush of it all I forget what the blog is supposed to be really about and so the random posts that don't really belong anywhere wander in. Reading and being confident are really important for teens and that's why my blog is here. 

Think about it this way. Youtubers can't upload every single day because they would soon run out of things to talk about and people wouldn't be able to keep up. And their videos wouldn't be as good because they wouldn't have had as much time to edit them.

So think of me like that. I am not leaving you, but I am going to improve my posts for you. That way you can keep up and I can appreciate what my blog is really about.

The tears behind my eyes and my aching heart do not agree with my head, but for once I don't want to get burned before I light the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.