We all know who Adele is.
And we actually learnt a couple of things about the song for the newest Bond movie, Skyfall, in our music lesson the other week.
- There is only one musician who has played on every single James Bond movie. His is a lead trumpeter, and his name is Derek Watkins.
- It cost $150 million to make. (the movie, not the song)
- It took 133 days to film (again, the movie)
- The word 'Skyfall' was mentioned in the song 15 times.
- It still sounds like a Bond song, because it had samples of the original soundtrack in.
- It took a 77 piece orchestra to play
My music teacher also said that if you are asked to sing a song for the Bond movies, you are pretty high up in the music business. Which, we all know, Adele is.
This is Derek Watkins:
My music teacher has met him, and she has even played in the brass section with him a few times. I think that's pretty cool.
But anyway, I love this song. Addicted is a better word!
It's a slow song and you don't have to try hard to hear the lyrics, so it would be great to chill out to with a good climatic book.