Tuesday, 18 June 2013

A dramatic change to the schedule

I have been looking through a lot of my older posts tonight, and I have come to two conclusions:


  1. My writing tended to be a lot better a year ago.
  2. The blog isn't as interesting as it used to be.

Having searched through blog posts that I wrote a while ago, I now understand why this is. I was writing so much better a year ago because I was writing every day! I was strict with myself within the first half of the year because I assumed that to get more readers you had to update everyday. Of course, I know the truth now - a better writer gets more readers... it's as simple as that.This meant that because I had this thought  etched into my brain, I was forcing myself to write something down everyday, meaning that I was more observant throughout my general life and as I was pushing myself my writing drastically improved. This is another reason why the blog, in my opinion (and being a very harsh critic on my own writing), isn't as interesting as it used to be. 

Maybe some of my long term readers will understand what I mean?

Even some of the shorter posts had some of the best content in it. I am finally realising, after a year of doing it, that my blog is basically my life. I need to constantly update it if I have any chance of regaining the interesting and busy vibe to this blog.

However, I don't want to burn myself out like I did last time. I ended up becoming completely unable to write and I wasn't motivated enough to even keep up with my Twitter account. 

So, things are going to dramatically change.

I'm not going to post every day like I did before. That was a silly idea and I never should have done it in the first place. However, neither am I going to limit myself to one post a day. If I want to do two posts in one day and then not post until two days later, I shall.

I will try to post every other day, as I promise you there will be no more waiting until a week later for my next post. I will be harsh on myself with posting days, but I will not force myself to write every day. That's a promise I'm keeping for myself too as well as you.

In addition to this, I want some critics of my own. Don't like what I'm writing or think I could be doing something else? Feel free to write a comment and we can have a healthy discussion about it. Want me to review a particular book or do a giveaway? All you have to do is post a comment or get in contact with me through Twitter and Tumblr.

This is all part of my #BookfangirlingBlogBirthday which is THIS SUNDAY *screams*

Have a good day or evening!
The Book Critic x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.