Yep, today marks a year since I created this blog.
I can remember it as if it were yesterday... I was supposed to be revising for my first gcse geography exam and instead I decided to do something different for a change and create bookfangirling. I didn't do it for any particular reason... I just felt as if I needed to do it. I don't know how to describe that feeling to you. I just knew I had to do it even though my exams came first.
A year has flown by, and I was on Twitter before looking at all of the things I had favourited. I got a bit tearful if I'm honest, because you have all been so lovely and supportive of my blog from the very first day. I can't thank you enough for this. You have helped me more than you could ever imagine.
So, because it's been a whole year, I thought I should do a list of some of the things that have happened to me during that year. Prepare yourself!
- I got below my target grade in that Geography exam. I had to resit.
- I made a new best friend - Kendal!
- I started writing on the blog everyday.
- I stopped writing on the blog everyday because it got too hard.
- I spoke to real life authors. This has been a dream of mine since, well, forever.
- I am still speaking to real life authors.
- Shout magazine read my blog!
- I lost some friends.
- I was the youngest member ever to join YA STANDS.
- I had new experiences.
- I joined Tumblr.
- I joined Tumblr another five times.
- I made a fanfiction account.
- I started writing my Foxface fanfiction.
- I am still writing my Foxface fanfiction.
- I started watching The Big Bang Theory.
- I fell in love with Mayim Bialik from The Big Bang Theory.
- Mayim Bialik is now my inspiration and a great role model for me.
- Alyson Noel replied to me on Twitter several times.
- I created the Stay Strong and Carry On Campaign.
- My blog reached over 26,000 views.
- I met Kendal in person for the first time ever. (She is actually a unicorn... shhh!)
- People became interested in my campaign.
- Emma Blackery tweeted me about the campaign and filled in our survey!
- Carrie Hope Fletcher tweeted me in support for the campaign too!
- My Phandom posts have had about 7000 views (woah).
- I read more books.
- I loved more books.
- My parents got mad at me for having too many books.
- My parents tried to make me get rid of some books.
- I refused to get rid of some books.
- I finished my GCSE exams.
- I shopped online for prom dresses. Typical me!
- I watched Sherlock.
- I became obsessed with Sherlock.
- I received a signed book from John Green.
- I am still yet to meet John Green.
- I got an IPhone 5 in black.
- I found out that around 90% of my friends self harm.
- I talked more to my teachers.
- I planned my next trip out with Kendal. She just doesn't know it yet.
- I FINALLY WATCHED MY BLOSSOM DVD'S.
- I have been on more walks.
- I survived my Duke of Edinburgh Expedition.
- I took risks.
- I did work experience in the Houses of Parliament.
- I bought clothes that I wanted, and took risks wearing them.
- I still buy Happy Meals.
- I improved my music taste.
- I have learned to love myself.
That's quite a long list, but they all happened.
How long is a year? Quite long. But it doesn't feel like it. So let's summarise it in a list and make it seem shorter than it actually was.
Happy Birthday to the blog!
The Book Critic x