Friday, 14 June 2013

Kendal's Column: #StayStrongAndCarryOn

Over the last 20 days (which is crazy because it feels a lot longer than that), me and The Book Critic have been collecting data for the #StayStrongAndCarryOn Project via a survey ((http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MX9R86D) we still need people to respond to so please could you take literally 2 minutes to complete it. The amount of respondents really makes a difference). The project offer help and advice for teens going through a tough time whether they be stressed over exams or feeling depressed. We do have other goals for the project and many things planned but we don't know  WHEN they are happening just yet.
We're both really grateful for the response we've had so far and to see people like Emma Blackery and 
Carrie Fletcher tweet us is really crazy seen as we only 'launched' 20 days ago.

The Campaign is really important to both me and The Book Critic as we feel as if it's our chance to make a difference.
The Project starting has made me think about my life and what has happened to me in the past. Over the course of two years I was bullied by my best friends.
I received a mix of emotional, physical and cyber abuse. I started cutting and, for a time, I contemplated suicide.
I should explain that these 'best friends' were the only people I knew at school but, because of what was going on , I was mostly known as the 'depressed girl' so no one really tried to be friends with me. There was no one for me to turn to. I became emotionally 'numb' and depressed. I didn't care about myself. I didn't want to be me.
I was lying in bed one night and i broke. I cried for the whole night.
The next day, I walked away.
I didn't know if they'd follow me.
I didn't know where I was going.
I didn't know what I was going to do.
However, over time, I became happier and learned to love life again and i couldn't be more thankful for those people in my life now (i'm going to vomit from the cheesiness soon but it's true).I found people who I love and that make me happy. I couldn't imagine life without them.
One of those people is The Book Critic.
I found this blog on it's first day of being up via a tweet from someone I follow. I became really interested in it and started talking to @Bookfangilring on twitter, we became friends and on my 15th birthday she offered me a weekly (or not so weekly...sorry) slot on the blog and thus, Kendal's Column was born. The book critic is so sweet, lovely, kind and so hard working that i can't even imagine how she fits everything in!
I met her on the 18th February of this year and I had a great time and she is a genuinely beautiful person (in all senses of the phrase). She has been there with me through highs and lows and this project is a new chapter for us both. Writing on this blog has given me so much in such a short space of time. Thank you Book Critic, I love you. You are amazing.

I have no idea what the future is going to be like but it looks pretty good so far.


Happy Friday!
@Team_Haymitch
Kendal
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.