Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Procrastination Problem!

Teenagers and exams don't really go well together. For most of us, it is a really stressful time, when our social lives are completely ruined and we struggle to cope with the workload.

I'm just kidding... We didn't have social lives to begin with.

But on a more serious note, the workload can be ridiculously hard to cope with. I am not exactly am expert on preparing for exams, but I do manage to get grades that even the people who are the hardest on themselves (like me) would be proud of. Here's how I focus.

1. You like music? Listen to music. 

This one has its limits. I listen to music to help me start to focus on my work and as soon as I think I can cope without the music it gets switched off. Obviously, if you listen to heavy metal, it's not going to help you at all. Coming from a former gcse music student, there is too much going on in that genre. The heaviest I limit myself to whole I'm revising is Fall Out Boy and All Time Low. I admit, they're not heavy rock bands. But that is the loudest and most ambitious music I would go for. If you can, slower and more classical music is the way to go. A Disney playlist is a must, as for me it really boosts productivity! 

2. Throw your diet out of the window.

I know you may want to start preparing for bikini season, but if you're hungry this is only going to delay you more. When you are hungry and thirsty, your brain becomes starved too, but of oxygen. Not having food at a time when you are going to burn a lot of calories due to stress is a really bad thing. If you're hungry, grab some sugar or fruit, it doesn't really matter as long as its food. 

3. Never revise in front of the television.

I have been there and bought the t-shirt. You may think that the background noise would help you, but this only creates more of a distraction and I promise that the only thing you will accomplish is watching an episode of FRIENDS that you have already seen as many times as the sun has risen in the morning. I would take silence for a couple of hours and a good grade at the end of it over listening to Joey saying 'how you doin'?' and coming out with a grade that's kea me want to cry. You have been warned!

4. Never blog when you are supposed to be doing revision. 

Guess what I'm doing right now. 




Have a great day, and good luck with your exams! 

(I had better get back to my geography revision too. I have to resit this exam because I was too busy creating this blog the last time. True story. You have now definitely been warned.)

The Book Critic x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.