Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Have a merry Christmas!

Hello! This is going to be my last post for the year (possibly) so I am going to tell you what's happening on the blog in 2014.

First of all though, I hope you have a merry Christmas! I also hope you get all the books you want - I usually get quite a bit of money from my family, so my first shopping trip after Christmas will consist solely of books. I have a few in mind and I can't wait to share my purchases with you.

I am sitting here, writing this post, so that must mean I've finished everything I needed to do in preparation for good old St Nick. Today I've wrapped all my presents, made and written my cards, cleaned out my fish tank, changed the sheets on my bed, and of course... I made some festive cakes!

This is my first batch of cakes. They are a simple fairy cake with Nutella on top, with various Christmassy decorations on top too:



My second batch have a buttercream top and little wafer decorations. I call this batch my 'cumberbatch':




I also wanted to tell you about the many things going on in 2014 on the blog. I know I haven't uploaded as much as I would like to this year, but next year is going to be different. Here are just a few things I have coming up:

  • More frequent book reviews
  • Author interviews
  • Guest posts from bloggers, writers, authors, and enthusiasts
  • Original poetry
  • Original short stories
  • Fangirl/fanboy posts
I have already scheduled and prepared loads of posts for the new year, just in case you didn't believe me! 

And I have a new, exiting rating system for my book reviews! They are British cups of tea. This is what 5/5 stars would look like:

I would also like to announce that I'm not going to sign my posts with The Book Critic anymore, even though this will still be my pen-name for the time being. I want to make this blog more personal.

Have a good Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.