Saturday, 11 January 2014

Saturday: What you've missed and Christmas book haul!


I got four books for Christmas, and I thought I would share them with you!

From left to right the books are:

  1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I have already read this one and a review will be up on the blog soon. Set in Nazi Germany at a time when blonde hair was safe and stealing books was not, this is a book well worth adding to your collection.
  2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - before reading his newest release 'and the mountains echoed' I thought I would read possibly his most well-known novel. That, and I needed to buy it for school anyway. Unfortunately I'm going to have to scribble all over this one.
  3. Love and Misadventure by Lang Leav - a poetry book full of quick and witty poems that will make your heart soar. I have also read this one and a review is going up on Monday. The front cover is just delicious.
  4. 1984 by George Orwell - I have wanted to read this for a long time but we aren't studying it in school so I would have had to invest in it myself. I'm so glad I got it for Christmas because I need to start reading more classic literature.


A christmas selfie with my favourite front cover... ever. Spot the cat!

I sort of did a big music haul as well, since I got a couple of Itunes vouchers for Chrismas and I spent them all on the first day. The artists I bought from were Tom Odell, Passion Pit, Bastille, and I got an album by The Smiths so I uploaded that onto my phone. Here's some of my favourite songs from those albums!






What you've missed

I got over 40,000 notes on a Tumblr post I made! Sherlock is back and not for long, so I decided to make a post about it. I admit, I tried to be funny... and apparently it worked! Here is the post in case you missed it:


There isn't much to report on concerning my social networking sites lately, so this is all for one week. 

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.