Wednesday, 5 February 2014

SHORT STORY WEDNESDAY: The truth about the night [original]


What is it about the night? It must be made of pure magic. The night gets to see the faces behind the masks. The night gets to see the poems and the words that could never have been conceived during the hours containing light.

The night, I often think, could be the work of faeries. Each night, every single faerie in the world join together in the skies, dancing to the merry tune that we mistake for silence. There are so many faeries that the light from the sun is blocked out, and all you can see glittering in the sky are their lanterns and their eyes. I think that would be a pretty cool thing to be true.

The night sees many darker things than itself. It sees the tears, and the pain, and sometimes the scars, and no matter how hard it tries to embrace those darker things and reassure them, the night will always seem like the darkest time. 

Important notice: This is my own work and I would really appreciate it if you didn't steal it or use it to form a piece of similar writing. I work really hard on all of my stories and I will stop sharing them if I see any copying of my original work. Thank you!

Disclaimer: The gif/artwork is not mine! I take credit only for my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.