Wednesday, 23 April 2014

POETRY WEDNESDAY: The fish that wasn't very good at swimming [original]



You are a fish with battle scar gills,
you slice your fins, desperate for pockets of air,
anything to let the oxygen in.

Thinking it will keep you afloat,
you do this on repeat,
the blood red scales dripping and holding you down like a lead weight.

Fish are supposed to be naturals at swimming,
but not everyone takes notice of their fish
until they are sideways at the top of the tank.

Important notice: This is my own work and I would really appreciate it if you didn't steal it or use it to form a piece of similar poetry. I work really hard on all of my poems and I will stop sharing them if I see any copying of my original work. Thank you!

Disclaimer: The gif/artwork is not mine! I take credit only for my poem.


1 comment:

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.