Thursday, 16 October 2014

Reading Music: Submarine Soundtrack




I haven't done this for a while! I thought I'd bring it back, because I finally listened to the whole of the Submarine soundtrack and I fell in love with every song.

I've seen the film, and I really liked it. I'm into indie films and I wish I went to see them more, and when they're indie I love it when there is a bit of romance.

I know... I'm not a big fan of romance books, but films? I can take.

The whole album was written and sung by none other than Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys, and the sound is just calming and feels like you're walking alone on a crisp, quiet Autumn evening. Glass in the Park is one of the most memorable songs on the album and a personal favourite of mine.

I could see myself easily reading with this in the background, but I would more likely take a stroll with it in my ears and write with it as inspiration, or take the album to a coffee shop and scribble some short stories in my notebook whilst holding a mug of tea. This album was practically made for rainy days and feeling a bit sorry for yourself.

The album is only about 19 minutes long but that's enough to give you some peace and quiet or some quick inspiration. Its kind of a perfect album and one of my favourite full albums I've listened to in a long time.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.