Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg





Zoe Sugg, known as Zoella on Youtube, is releasing a book. I'm sure you know about it, because who doesn't watch Zoella? Even if you're not there for the beauty tips (I wasn't originally... no amount of tutorials are going to fix my face!) you stay for the fantastic vlogs. She has her own beauty and pamper range, and if she wasn't successful enough with over 6 million subscribers, she's going to become an author as well. I can't get enough of this girl, and I certainly can't wait to buy the book.

The book in question is going to be called Girl Online, and is a fiction book about a girl who is popular online but struggles with anxiety. When she goes to New York, she meets a boy, and things take a surprising turn. It will be a teen/YA romance novel, and although not an autobiography, it is loosely based on her own life, since she too struggles with anxiety. 

Blurb:

"I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes . . .
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever."




This is the cover without the winner's photo from the competition Zoe held for a fan to get a polaroid picture of their own on the cover, and it will go just at the bottom right where the balloons are.

It comes out on the 25th November and you can pre-order it on Amazon, which I highly suggest you do since it is going to sell like hot cakes when it arrives in shops. 

I am so looking forward to reading it, and I am curious to see how she writes the anxiety in, as I know that feeling all too well, and I've never read a book that covers the subject before. I love watching Zoe's videos and I'm currently saving money to buy pretty much everything in her beauty range, and now the book is going to be the icing on the cake to what has been a really exciting year for her and her viewers. 

Overall, me and about 6 million other people are buzzing for this release, so come along for the ride and experience Girl Online.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.