Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014: A year for mistakes, learning, and being a dancing queen

2014 was a weird year for me because it was perhaps the first year of my whole life where I didn't get bullied even once, and everyone was civil to me, and when they weren't it didn't effect me in the same way it always has. 

2014 was also the year for mistakes, mainly academic, but I always recovered from them.

I'm not going to say that this year was the best year ever, or that I was happiest this year, because there have been times when I've been silently crying, or more often, hysterically sobbing because of events that have occurred. But I learnt more this year than I have in my entire 17 years of existence put together, and that is what made 2014 great.

In January I turned 17, which to be honest wasn't the best birthday I've ever had. But I am the same age as the elusive Dancing Queen that ABBA are always singing about, so I can't complain.

I have kept up with reading despite my busy schedule and writing on the blog (which I haven't actually done in the past two months... oops) and long may this continue.

I have lost some friends, made some new ones, and then regained the ones I lost, and I'm happy with these choices. It turns out people can change.

In August I had the courage to go and get myself a part-time job, and I'm earning a decent enough amount of money to rely less on my parents, buy myself a couple of things now and then, and splash out on Christmas presents for people (which I certainly did). 

Sometimes the stress and anxiety took hold of me and controlled me, but even that is getting better now. Thank goodness for the advances in medicine, hey?

I'm entering 2015 with a calmer mind, all five offers from universities, and a better fashion sense. That's all I needed from 2014, and it didn't let me down. 

Here's to even better memories, more learning, and of course... more books.

Oh, and Kendal. You have been fabulous as always, and I can't imagine a time when I didn't know you. 

Author's note: As I'm writing this I can hear fireworks from outside. Its six o'clock in the evening, calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.