Saturday, 17 January 2015

Saturday: Christmas book and film adaptation haul

photo from my instagram

I thought I would show you the books I got for Christmas (yep, I must be the last one in the book blogging community to be doing this) but also the book to film adaptation dvds that I received too!

1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

photo from my instagram

I put this on my Christmas list because, as those who have been reading my blog for a while will already know, I am a huge philosophy geek. This is a fictional book, however, not about the actual Aristotle and Dante, but about two boys who change each other's lives through meeting. I saw this book on Amazon and instantly fell in love. I'm so happy to own it! This is going on my priority read list.

2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell

photo from my instagram (hi me)

I have read two of Rainbow Rowell's books and I saw that she had released this new one later on in 2014. I adore her writing, and so I had to put this one on my Christmas list. And this one came in a pretty hardback cover.

3. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg

photo from my instagram

As you know, I have been eagerly awaiting this book and although I didn't put it on my Christmas list, my parents were kind enough to buy it for me along with some more Zoella goodies. I own it in the beautiful hardback version and it looks so pretty on my second bookshelf. I'm going to save it for when I have some spare time, though, perhaps after my school exams in the summer.

4. Perks of Being a Wallflower


I have read this book twice and have been constantly amazed by the depth of this book. Whenever you feel lost in the world, you turn to this book, and I have been so desperate to watch the film adaptation for a long time now.

5. The Fault in our Stars


Who hasn't read this book? I went to see the special fan screening back in 2014 and I just adored the movie, as well as the soundtrack, which I also have on my phone. My mum is also keen to watch this as she wants to know what all the fuss is about!

6. Intouchables


I watched this movie when I was in AS level French and it was the only part of any of those French lessons that I actually enjoyed. It is such a beautiful story, and the movie is stunning. I'm cheating a bit here, because although it is in a book, the book is just a companion to the movie. Intouchables is about a paralysed man who takes on a man who has a troubled past to look after him, and the story is all about their growing friendship and special bond. Very emotional and a gripping tale, and the book related to it is A Second Wind: The true story that inspired the motion picture the Intouchables.

That's my Christmas haul! I got everything that I put on my Christmas list this year (I wasn't too demanding!) and I'm really happy with the books and movie adaptations. 

What books or book-film adaptations did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.