Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher

photo from Amazon books

Title: All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully
Author: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Page count: 352
Publisher: Sphere/Little Brown 
Release date: 23rd April 2015
Format available: Hardcover and Kindle
Original Language: English
Genre: Non-fictional/Guidance 

All I Know Now is the debut book from Youtuber and west end star Carrie Hope Fletcher. It is a coming-of-age-type novel and will be centred around the topic of growing up and doing it well. Covering topics from bullying to body image to relationships, I would describe it as a guidance book for teenagers and young adults that actually motivates you to do something with your life, as well as getting to know the author a little bit better along the way.


"We all know that growing up is hard to do, and sometimes the only thing that makes it better are the reassuring words of someone who has walked that bumpy road just a few steps ahead of you and somehow ended up as a fully-functioning adult. Carrie Hope Fletcher is that person.* Thanks to her phenomenally popular YouTube videos, Carrie has become an 'honorary big sister' to hundreds of thousands of young people who turn to her for advice, friendship and, most of all, the knowledge that things will get better.

*Although she did recently post a video about how to pee in a onesie. So the definition of 'adult' is a bit flexible here . . ."

photo from google images

I have been watching Carrie on Youtube for a couple of years now and she has been one of my favourite British vloggers. I even wrote a letter to her at one point, telling her a little bit about myself and expressing my similar love for books. I also enclosed a small notebook containing a couple of book quotes, and said she could write a couple herself if she wanted to, and we could keep sending the notebook back and forth. 

Little did I know she would actually be so kind as to do it, and I received an envelope back containing a signed photo and, low and behold, the notebook! She had written a couple of book quotes that she enjoyed inside it, and it made me very happy to know that she had taken the time to do that.

So any interaction I have had with Carrie, albeit a minor interaction, has been positive. And that's the vibe you get from her videos anyway. 

I especially love the cover of this book, because as she explained in this video she wanted it to still represent her without her whole face having to be on the cover. I'm sure it would have been just as pretty with her full face on, but I love the yellow colour that she has chosen nonetheless. It's a very Carrie-ish book, I think, coming from a viewer's perspective, and it will stand out in the shop windows. 

Of course I'm writing this Waiting on in true Hopeful style, with a British cuppa in hand, and getting quite excited at the prospect of this book being a real thing that is going to be available to buy. Carrie seems to be a very grounded individual and her book will reflect this. 

Overall, I am super excited for this release, and you can pre-order it now from Amazon or Waterstones. Just like her voice, this book is predicted to be clear, precise, and will most probably have you longing for an encore. 

Is anyone else excited for this release? Let's talk about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.