Saturday, 18 July 2015

Saturday: Cheeky Waterstones book and M&S Notebook haul

All photos are from my Insta @bookfangirlingblogger

I promised you a very cheeky (cue the Nandos 'cheeky' British jokes) book haul and I seem to have not gone back on my word. This book haul is a collection of books from Waterstones and Marks and Spencers


All of the following books are from Waterstones, whilst the two notebooks are from M&S. 

The first book I got, a couple of weeks ago from Waterstones, is Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher, as she had been to my 'local' branch to talk and left some signed copies for others to buy. I managed to pick one up!


Then I got an extra copy of Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter which I have talked about here, here, and here. Since I already had one, when I got one at the signing I gave it to my friend, and now we both have one!



Love Letters to the Dead is one of two that I purchased today from the same Waterstones, as I have had this in my Amazon basket for about a year and never got round to ordering it. I'm so happy I finally have it!


Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton is one that I had never actually heard about before, and I saw it in my Waterstones today. The premise is really interesting (and much like an idea for a novel that I once had a couple of years ago but never wrote?!) and so I think it will be a different read than usual.



Then I got two notebooks from Marks and Spencer! They were £6 each, and so although not cheap for their actual size, they are still so cute, go well together, and were worth the money instantly! 


The first one is A5 size and has 'My cup of Tea' on the front, and this is such a clever idea for a notebook. It has a hole in the cover so that you can rest your cup of tea inside it like a coaster! I absolutely had to buy it. It was calling out to me. I just really love tea.



The final item in my haul is the smaller notebook that you will see on the right of the picture of them together, and I didn't think there was anything special about this at first. 

However, when I opened it, there were mini activities such as questions and tick boxes on the right hand side, opposite the days of the week, much like a 'wreck this journal' but much more random. Here is an example:


I reeeeeally love this notebook. It is like a mini organiser with fun activities to do. I am going to enjoy writing in these! I think I might use them for blog planners.

In terms of what you've missed, I created a blog award! And that is all of the exciting news I have.

Do you have a favourite notebook? Are there any of the books I included in my haul that you want too?

Let me know in the comments!

Have a lovely day or night, wherever you are :)

2 comments:

  1. Those notebooks are super cute! I really wish I had them! I've only heard of Love Letters to the Dead, but I'm definitely going to check out the others books you got! Great book haul :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get the notebooks online or in some stores! Thank you so much, your comment means a lot :) x

      Delete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.