Saturday, 25 July 2015

Saturday: Last year's holiday book haul and what you've missed

All photos are from my Instagram @bookfangirlingblogger
I realise that I'm a whole year late with this and oh god oh god I can't express how sorry I am. But I'm away again in France right now and so since I can't get to a laptop I wanted to show you what I got last year and make up for the fact that I probably won't be purchasing many books in France, since many of my readers are English, but I will try and pick up a few. That's what you've missed!

These are the books that I picked up in Dorset last year, as far as I can remember!

Editor's sidenote: some may be from my 2013 Dorset trip, but I honestly can't tell you.


The first books I want to show you are the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver, which I hadn't heard of last year, but now understand that a lot of people really like it. I haven't read it yet, but is it worth reading? Tell me in the comments whether it is or not! I've not been in the mood to read it as of yet. 


Next in the haul are two books that I've already read! I've actually already posted reviews of One Day and The Rosie Project so if you click on the book titles they will take you to those in a new window. I would recommend them!


These are two books that it turns out I don't actually need, but I still want to read them in time. I originally bought them for my Extended Project in school but I changed my topic and so I didn't get round to reading them! I still love them though, as they are so interesting. The Story of Writing tells the history of language (which I'm really interested in) whilst Egyptian Magick is a 'magic' book.


These two crime novels below were given to me by one of my aunties who was giving the books away but let me have a look through them first! And you know how much I loooooove crime novels. I am still yet to read these.


Aaaand the last book is another from my auntie. Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars is funny stories about what weird things children have said, and it should provide a laugh or two. I haven't read it, but my auntie said that once I have I should pass it on to a friend, ans so I might do that. It is a petite book and a short read!


Does anyone own any of these books? Do you like the look of the last book about what strange things kids have said?

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.