Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 10) by Jeff Kinney


I know that this isn't a YA novel, but c'mon. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is, for me, a timeless classic that gets young people reading. A great example of this theory is my brother, who not only has read all of the Wimpy Kid books to date but it is the only book series he has ever been interested in and has been bothered to read. So this week I'm waiting on the new book which is bound to be a best-seller!

Information

Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School
Author: Jeff Kinney
Page Count: 240
Publisher: Puffin
Release Date: 3rd November 2015
Format Available: Hardcover, Kindle
Original Language: English
Genre: Children's Fiction

Description

Life was better in the old days. Or was it?
That's the question Greg Heffley is asking as his town voluntarily unplugs and goes electronics-free. But modern life has its conveniences, and Greg isn't cut out for an old-fashioned world.
With tension building inside and outside the Heffley home, will Greg find a way to survive? Or is going 'old school' just too hard for a kid like Greg?

Why I can't wait

To all of those who bash Wimpy Kid for no constructive reason or who are reading this and thinking that, as an 18 year old, I shouldn't be excited for this book:


I read the books that my brother owned a few years back and I loved them. I was about 15 or 16 at the time, and although these are meant to be books for pre-teens, I found them absolutely hilarious and the writing was great too. 

Its not a 'normal' children's book, that's for sure. And I can't wait for this release because I think there is something important about them in their universal readability which encourages anyone and everyone to read them and get excited about books. 

I was looking back on my blog today (not technically today as I've scheduled this post, but on the 9/7/15) and I came across my first blog post which said that I wanted to encourage more people to enjoy reading and love it as much as I do. And in this spirit, Wimpy Kid is the best book to make more people discover that reading is fun.

Who else is excited for this? How old were you when you last read a Wimpy Kid book? Make sure to tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.