Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Illustrated Edition) by JK Rowling



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition by JK Rowling and Jim Kay.

Ohhhhh myyyy goddd. This is one book that you absolutely cannot afford to miss out on.

Information

Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Illustrated Edition)
Author: JK Rowling with Jim Kay
Page Count: 256
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Release Date: 6th October 2015
Format Available: Hardcover
Original Language: English
Genre: Illustrated Fiction


Description

Prepare to be spellbound by Jim Kay's dazzling depiction of the wizarding world and much loved characters in this full-colour illustrated hardback edition of the nation's favourite children's book - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Brimming with rich detail and humour that perfectly complements J.K. Rowling's timeless classic, Jim Kay's glorious illustrations will captivate fans and new readers alike.
When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers, which could be valuable, dangerous - or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!

Why I can't wait

This looks amazingly beautiful and I honestly hope I manage to get my hands on one of these. I love graphic novels and illustrated books because sometimes they make a really nice change from heavy novels with 500 pages in them. Even for the most experienced and passionate readers, it is just relaxing to not have to concentrate so much on the structure and words of a novel and being able to drift away into your own little world. Or the wizarding world of Harry Potter, I should say.

I also can't wait because of the new tone it will give to Harry Potter. Take a look at these promo photos and tell me if you think the same - it gives the story an added darkness:





This book will give a side to the beloved series as we have never seen it before, and for this reason alone I can't wait.

Who else is excited for this illustrated version of Harry Potter? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The excitement for this is real! :D

    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The illustrations look soooo beautiful :D

      Delete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.