Thursday, 29 October 2015

Things don't always work out like you think they will [Original Poem]

[photograph is not mine]


Life isn't perfect though I wish that it was,
or even just a slice of perfect,
I want to take life and put it on a leash
and feed it and pet it and walk it
until it loves me and I it

I give life all of my best efforts,
and it throws them back in my face,
and screams at me until my ears bleed
or until I can't stand to go back
to anywhere that my feet have walked before

Running away from life is all I can do,
not end it but put it on hold for a while,
reality doesn't feel real
though I know I am here
but my life doesn't want me to be.




2 comments:

  1. A very raw and relatable emotion there... I've felt like that many, many times! Just what I needed to read this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! Your comment is just what I needed to read, I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.