Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Sherlock by Otto Penzler


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about Sherlock by Otto Penzler.

INFORMATION

Title: Sherlock
Author: Otto Penzler
Page Count: 720
Publisher: Head of Zeus
Release Date: 22nd October 2015
Format Available: Hardcover
Original Language: English
Genre: Anthology


DESCRIPTION

In 1887, Arthur Conan Doyle put pen to paper and created a legend: Sherlock Holmes. The greatest detective of all time. His tall, slender, hawk-nosed figure with his deerstalker hat is instantly recognizable in every corner of the world.
Alongside Doyle's original stories, Sherlock has spawned a literature of his own in parodies and homages. More than 25,000 books, stories and articles have been written by authors, amateurs and scholars.
In this stupendous anthology, the best and most brilliant are collected together for the first time.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

You guys know how much I love Sherlock.

And if you didn't know, then you could probably guess by the amount of Sherlock gifs I have used in the past for my blog posts.

Sherlock is such an amazing character to me, and although Conan-Doyle would be turning in his grave if he knew that Sherlock was the one set of novels that he was known for best, I can't help but be extremely excited for this book. 

It looks sooooo beautiful!

It is 720 whole pages of pure parody and adaptation, and this is something that you don't often get in books. Also, there are some incredible works by well known authors such as Stephen King, A.A. Milne, Neil Gaiman, and Anthony Burgess. This will be an interesting take on Sherlock and Watson and I am excited to own an entire anthology of one of my favourite detectives in the whole world!

Is anyone else over the moon that this book exists?

Do you love Sherlock and want to get this book when it is released?

Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.