Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch.

INFORMATION

Title: The Hanging Tree (Rivers of London 6)
Author: Ben Aaronovitch
Page Count: 336
Publisher: Daw Books
Release Date: 14th June 2016
Format Available: Hardcover, Paperback, Kindle, Audio download
Original Language: English
Genre: Fantasy


DESCRIPTION

Another gripping and hilarious adventure through the secret streets of London. A tour of what remains and an insight into what once was with a liberal sprinkling of folklore, myth and violent crime. Each of Ben Aaronovitch's previous Peter Grant novels have been Sunday Times Top Ten HB bestsellers and The Hanging Tree looks set to repeat the feat.
The Hanging Tree was the Tyburn gallows which stood where Marble Arch stands today. Oxford Street was the last trip of the condemned. Somethings don't change. The place has a bloody and haunted legacy and now blood has returned to the empty Mayfair mansions of the world's super-rich. And blood mixed with magic is a job for Peter Grant.
Peter Grant is back as are Nightingale et al at the Folly and the various river gods, ghosts and spirits who attach themselves to England's last wizard and the Met's reluctant investigator of all things supernatural.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

So if you've been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love a good crime fiction. Though I haven't read the other five in this series, I feel as though I need to check them out, because who doesn't love fantasy crime???

I mean, crime on its own is enough, but add fairies and ghosts to the mix and Christmas has come all over again!

With hints of this being a 'funny' fantasy crime fiction series, Aaronovitch looks like he has created the perfect blend for a successful crime novel. If you can't have fun when chasing after Gods and wizards, when can you?

Has anyone read the rest of the series? Is it worth checking out?

Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.