Friday, 4 March 2016

World Book Day 2016!


So, as everyone knows, it has been World Book Day today.

I would have done some reading, but I slept through my lectures for the very first time. 

You can tell I'm really enjoying university...

ANYWAY. As well as it being World Book Day, it was quite the monumentous occasion.

Today, the trailer for the all-girl remake of Ghostbusters was released! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this, and now we can finally watch the trailer. In case you haven't seen it, here it is.

Now, I've heard some criticism for this movie already, and it hasn't even come out in cinemas yet. Comments to try and ruin my excitement such as "it looks awful!" "it won't be the same!" and so on. But don't compare this new film to the Ghostbusters from 30 years ago. Enjoy it for what it is, and let other people be excited even if you aren't.

Worried that the glorious women are going to kick some ghost ass better than the men?


Girls are awesome too, and just because something is a remake it doesn't mean it isn't going to be as iconic.

In celebration of our favourite Ghostbitches (Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy), I am going to choose The Ghostbusters books as my reading recommendation for World Book Day.



And although these books aren't about the girls yet, I really do hope they write some graphic novels to accompany the movie.

I mean, who doesn't want to stare at Kate McKinnon's face in cartoon form all day???


I hope you have all had a more productive World Book Day than me, and I hope you have watched the trailer for Ghostbusters. If you haven't, go and watch it 100 times, because ya know...



There is also a #gifparty happening on Twitter, so I thought I would celebrate and use some in my post.

Happy World Book Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.