Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: In the Dark, In the Woods by Eliza Wass



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about In the Dark, In the Woods by Eliza Wass.

INFORMATION

Title: In the Dark, In the Woods
Author: Eliza Wass 
Page Count: 304
Publisher: Quercus Children's Books
Release Date: 21st April 2016
Format Available: Paperback, Kindle, Audiobook
Original Language: English
Genre: Thriller


DESCRIPTION

Father wants sixteen-year-old Castley and her five siblings to hide from the world. Living in a falling-down house deep in the woods, he wants to bury their secrets where noone will ever find them. 
Father says they are destined to be together forever. In heaven. Father says the sooner they get there, the better. 
But Castley wants to be normal. She wants to kiss boys and wear jean shorts. 
CASTLEY WANTS TO LIVE.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

This is Eliza's debut novel, and it looks set to be an incredible thriller that will leave readers feeling haunted. We always love new meat in the book community, and I'm sure Eliza will be welcomed with open arms!

Books are at their best when they make you feel things, and the easiest way to do that as a writer is to elicit fear. Thrillers get your heart racing and thoughts running through your head, and so if Eliza is going to break out with any book, this is the way to go.

This is quite an original concept for a novel, and so I'm excited to see where the plot goes. The father in the novel sounds like a complicated and scary character, so I'm interested in how his character will develop and how Castley will defy his ideas.

All in all, I'm excited for this book and to see where Eliza's career takes her!

Anyone else love thrillers and can't wait for this release?

Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.