Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated Edition) by JK Rowling and Jim Kay



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Illustrated Edition by JK Rowling and Jim Kay.

INFORMATION

Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: JK Rowling, Jim Kay
Page Count: 272
Publisher: Bloomsbury 
Release Date: 4th October 2016

Format Available: Hardcover
Original Language: English
Genre: Graphic novel


DESCRIPTION

Prepare to be spellbound by Jim Kay's dazzling full-colour illustrations in this stunning new edition of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Breathtaking scenes, dark themes and unforgettable characters - including Dobby and Gilderoy Lockhart - await inside this fully illustrated edition. With paint, pencil and pixels, award-winning illustrator Jim Kay conjures the wizarding world as we have never seen it before. Fizzing with magic and brimming with humour, this inspired reimagining will captivate fans and new readers alike, as Harry and his friends, now in their second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, seek out a legendary chamber and the deadly secret that lies at its heart .

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

I mean, do I really have to tell you why I can't wait for this to be released?

Harry Potter is pretty much the epitome of young adult fantasy books, and these illustrated versions are such a gorgeous idea. It means that the wizarding world can be accessible to an even younger audience than before, and for those of us who were there when the books first came out, we have another collectable item for our ever-growing HP collection.

Yeah, that's right, I know you have at least one wand and the scarf from your House.

The Chamber of Secrets was one of my favourite books too, so this is set to be a very exciting book for my own personal Potter collection. Prisoner of Azkaban was obviously my all time fave, so it looks like I'll have to wait another year for that one. But in the mean time, this one will do just fine.

Is anyone else excited for this beautiful second book in the series? 

Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.