Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: What's a Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about What's a Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne.

INFORMATION

Title: What's a Girl Gotta Do?
Author: Holly Bourne
Page Count: 432
Publisher: Usborne Publishing
Release Date: 1st August 2016

Format Available: Paperback
Original Language: English
Genre: Contemporary/Feminist YA


DESCRIPTION

Lottie is starting a supersonic feminist experiment. For one month she's going to call out every instance of sexism she sees. But when her project hits the headlines, the trolls come out to play - and they are VICIOUS. Lottie's not a quitter, but best friends Evie and Amber are worried. What if Lottie's heading for burnout...or worse?

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

Holly Bourne is one of my favourite YA authors, hands down. She is the Queen of contemporary feminist literature for young people, and she manages to write important issues in her humorous writing style, which always keeps you entertained.

This is another instalment in The Normal Series or as Holly calls it, The Spinster Club. This book is in the point of view of Lottie, who is taking being a spinster to the extreme, and is trying to destroy the presence of sexism. I have no doubt that this is going to be a hilarious novel and I can't wait to see where the story goes.

I'm excited for this book because I've read Holly's books before and I really enjoy the Normal series.

Has anyone else read any of Holly's novels before?

Are you excited for this new release?

Tell me in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, you won't be disappointed. I won a proof copy on goodreads and it lives up to expectation - Lottie does indeed take feminism to the extreme. I won't say anything else for now, except Will. I want a Will. And an Oli. Oh, Oli. He and Evie are so cute. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.