Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: ... And a Happy New Year? by Holly Bourne




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly spot hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase the books that a blogger is anticipating in the next couple of months. Today I'm going to be talking about ... And a Happy New Year? by Holly Bourne.


INFORMATION

Title: ... And a Happy New Year?
Author: Holly Bourne
Page Count: 176
Publisher: Usborne Publishing
Release Date: November 1st 2016

Format Available: Hardcover
Original Language: English
Genre: Feminist Contemporary Novella



DESCRIPTION

Spinster Club girls Evie, Amber and Lottie are reunited for the mother of all New Year's Eve parties. Having spent months apart since finishing college, they've got plenty to catch up on: how is Evie juggling a relationship with her OCD? Does Amber plan to spend more time with Kyle in America? And where did Lottie end up? Get ready for some serious partying - and some major New Year's revelations - from everyone's favourite cheesy-snack-loving feminists.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT

I know it hasn't been long since I did a Waiting on Wednesday for another Holly Bourne novel, but she just keeps knocking them out! Which is definitely not a bad thing, because she is a feminist Queen.

This is actually a novella, so it is shorter than her other novels, but it is still part of the Normal series, so will coincide with the rest of the books from the collection. I personally can't wait for this novella because I love the Spinster series and Holly's writing style in general!

I've met Holly before, and she is so lovely, as well as being a badass feminist, and has really interesting views on feminism. Hopefully this book will stick with the feminist theme (I have no doubts that it will) and it will be as brilliant as the others.

Does anyone else love the Spinster series? 

Will you be buying this novella, or just leaving it?

Tell me in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this series but I think I'm definitely going to check out the other books from your WoW for this one

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.