Monday, 6 February 2017

2017 Resolutions

The Christmas elf has retired for the year!


I realise this is late compared to all of the other bloggers in the world who are 10000000000% more organised than I am, but I thought it was worth me talking about my resolutions for 2017!

I am not someone who makes resolutions, mostly because I don't ever stick to them. Last year's resolutions were more practical - take my meds, take time out for myself, take mental health days if I need to... but this year I am much more in control of the physical side of my mental health. That's kind of strange to say - its a bit of an oxymoron - but this year I need to focus on maintaining a stable mental state, and allowing myself to love me!

So, with this in mind, here are my 2017 resolutions:

1. Remind myself that I am worth it

I spent so much of my life doubting myself and being influenced to believe that I am not like other people, so therefore I am not worth the same as everyone else. But I am here to tell past me that this is absolute crap! Just because you are different, does not mean that you are below everyone else in the grand hierarchy of life. Different does not mean bad.

2. Stop saying I am bad at things that I am not bad at

We are all guilty of doing this at some point in our lives. Whether it is due to humbleness or genuinely not believing in ourselves, we often say aloud that we are not good at things. We will not allow ourselves to take any credit for our hard work! I need to stop this and recognise that thinking I have skill or talent in an area in which I have worked hard in my entire life does not mean I am suddenly this egotistical villain. 

I am good at singing, performing on stage, writing, and have a good philosophical mind. I will not apologise for those things anymore.

3. Allow myself to feel more


This is definitely going to be the hardest resolution of them all this year. I often shy away from my feelings about pretty much everything, but I am naturally a passionate person! Whether I'm obsessing about a new book or television show, or just appreciating my friends, I am not going to apologise for feeling the feels. 

That's it! What are your resolutions for this year?

Have you got similar resolutions to me? Let me know in the comments!

I shall leave you with an inspirational song - My Shot from Hamilton.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my posts; good or constructive! My blog is a safe space for everyone who wants to read and use it and so I would discourage any hateful, offensive or explicit comments.